2.10.2005

Sage looks like the main villain from Hellboy.

No, not the sword guy. The crazy Nazi that gets eaten by the black hole and resurrected in blood. He looks like that guy.
Last night's Sage show was great, regardless of the nearly entirely hipster population. The Solillaquists of Sound opened and they were sick. Very into their music and message. Not unlike some hardcore bands. I picked up their tour CD and, while not nearly as good as their live show, I'll pick up their new LP this summer. I'll probably post a song of theirs soon.
Sage was fantastic, though he played way too many of the new tracks. I picked up a promo copy of the new disc a few weeks back so I was familiar for the new stuff, but most of the crowd seemed to be experiencing it for the first time. He was backed by the Solillaquists and that worked really well. This being my first hip-hop show, I was surprised by how much performing outside of just playing the music there was. Dancing, gesturing, whatever. I'm used to bands bangin' away at their instruments. Nice change. I prattle on. Here's another Sage track.

Sage Francis - "Mullet"

buy Still Sick...Urine Trouble from Sage




5 songs itunes played while I put this post together:

more Sage

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was cool. Thanks.

Pete
Barsandguitars.blogspot.com

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home