1.25.2005

Do albinos have magical powers?

I wanna sell my iPod. It's a 40GB, click-wheel joint in great condition. It's a fantastic piece of equipment and 500 of the best dollars I've ever spent. So why do I want to sell it? I have less than 1GB of space left. I need's me a 60GB 'pod. SO, if anyone has about $300 and wants an awesome ipod w/case, cradle, etc. (plenty of awesome music optional), hit me up and we'll talk.

Today's jam comes from a mid/late '90s post-hardcore outfit from Staten Island. I honestly don't know much about Muddfoot. I think I saw them once or twice, but they were never very well-known outside of Staten Island. I first heard them from a comp called New York Underground (which also featured Kill Your Idols and Day In The Life, amonhg others) and their songs instantly caught my ear. They had a sound akin to Serpico mixed with Quicksand and dashed with some snarky sounding vocals. The songs on the 7" are a little slower and heavier than the ones on the comp, but definitely have a quirky catchiness about them that's hard not to like.

Muddfoot - "Kelly Hatch" [from A Little Short]

check out CI Records and see if they have any more 7"s left



5 songs itunes played while I put this post together:
Sleepasaurus "Conversation With You"
Army of Me "Saved Your Life"
Mr. T Experience "Love American Style"
Absolution "Fall of a Nation"
The Misfits "Angelfuck"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home