2.07.2005

Taking Back Monday - Sage Francis Week Pt. 1

This is a predominantly hardcore/punk/metal mp3 blog, but my favorite hip-hopper (that's what the kids are calling rappers these days, right?) is Sage Francis and not only does his new album drop tomorrow, but I'm venturing out of the sanctity of the 'burbs to see him at Bowery Ballroom on Wednesday. Very excited, am I. With that in mind, I thought I'd keep the whole week flowing with Sage Francis tracks, focusing on a different album every day. Even if you're not into hip-hop, check him out. He's got a great style and flow that blows most mainstream rappers out of the water.

These tracks all come from Personal Journals. It's my favorite Sage album and it was ridiculously hard to pin down the tracks to just these few. I like these songs so much I'm having a rather hard time even writing something down about them. The way the jazzy beats mix with Sage's lyrics, double entendres and witticisms is rare in a genre that's clouded by crunk, bling and sex.

Sage Francis - "Different"
Sage Francis - "Personal Journalist"
Sage Francis - "Inherited Scars"
Sage Francis - "Broken Wings"

buy Personal Journals at Insound!



5 songs itunes played while I put this post together:

just a bunch of Sage and Non-Prophets tracks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home