1.24.2005

Taking Back Monday

I thought I'd start this week off with one of my favorite covers. Botch was one of those calculating, cynical, late '90s hardcore bands that beat the shit out of metal and hardcore in order to create a force of sonic destruction that wasn't easily matched. So, what happens when you mix that style with a creepy, quirky, late '70s pop/dance track by the B-52's? Awesomeness.

Botch - "Rock Lobster" [from All About Friends, the Hardcore Maniacs #5 comp]

buy Botch records at Insound




5 songs itunes played while I put this post together:
Elvis Costello & The Attractions "(I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea"
Matt Skiba "The City That Day"
Kid Dynamite "Give 'Em The Ripped One"
Sick Of It All "B.S. Justice"
Agent Orange "Everything Turns Grey"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home