1.19.2005

My landlord's name is Mclusky

I live about one hour north of New York City. It's pretty damn cold and snowing right now. We may have heat, but this is an old house and don't ya know that the pipes freeze up quite easily here. Awesome.
It seems as though our toilet wasn't working. Luckily, by the time I got home everything was more or less back in working order. No hot water downstairs, but that's no biggie.
Nonetheless, my landlord's name is Mclusky. He came by this afternoon to fix some things, but the first and only time I saw him was at about 2am last Saturday when he decided to drop in on our party. He's got a killer moustache and he was pretty blitzed. In honor of Jim Mclusky I'm posting a Mclusky song. The blogosphere's been abuzz over the band's recent decision to call it quits, but that's because they were so fucking good. Maybe they didn't exactly reinvent punk rock, but they were smarter, funnier, harder and crazier than most bands that call themselves punk. Enjoy this song and then go buy everything they've done. My love is bigger than your love.


Mclusky- "The World Loves Us And Is Our Bitch"
[from Mclusky Do Dallas]
EDIT: I FIXED THE LINK TO THE SONG. SORRY.
buy Mclusky records at Insound




5 songs itunes played while I put this post together:
Comeback Kid "All In A Year"
The Joykiller "Less Than Crazy"
Silent Majority "Recognize"
Serpico "Display"
Black Flag "I've Heard It Before"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home