1.13.2005

Birthday Blog

Yes, today is my birthday. Some friends took me out to lunch, I got two shirts I bought in the mail (a Champion t-shirt and a Small Brown Bike hoodie) and I'm going to see a special screening of Elektra tonight. Hmm. Well, two out of three ain't bad.
I, being a fan of comics, look upon most comic movies with some hesitation, but this already rubs me the wrong way. Suffice to say I'm going into it with very low expectations. The good thing is that the Fantastic Four trailer will run before it. Hopefully that won't be utter shite. I'll return tomorrow with a review of Elektra and the first iteration of my planned themed Friday blogs.

I've got two songs for today

Rainer Maria - "Thought I Was" [from A Better Version of Me]
I chose this song because I went into this record with very low inentions, having seen and disliked Rainer Maria some years before, but I really dig this song.
buy Rainer Maria records at Insound

Kill The Man Who Questions - "You Say It's Your Birthday" [from Sugar Industry]
Ah, raging, political punk. I remember having dinner after a show with KTMWQ and some other people at a TGI Fridays way back when. They're good people.
buy Kill The Man Who Questions records at Insound

5 songs itunes played while I posted this:
Hammerfall "Dragon Lies Bleeding"
The Disenchanted "Placebo"
The Von Bondies "Right Of Way"
Portishead "All Mine" (live)
Tear It Up "EZ Pass = EZ Control"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home